Ideal package for pro race communications featuring the latest released Icom 5w professional radio.
Waterproof, military spec Icom 5w Race radio
Noise cancelling Nascar style headset with gel earcups to keep unwanted noise out
Noise cancelling microphone providing clear communcations from pit to race team
Kevlar reinforced curly connection lead
Genuine Japanese Icom radios with FULL AUSTRALIAN 5year WARRANTY.
WE ONLY SUPPLY GENUINE ICOM AUSTRALIA MODELS : Buyer BEWARE of ILLEGAL IMPORTS, COPIES and RADIOS shipped from OVERSEAS
Please note following
- No genuine manufacturer warranty –Although vendors make claims about warranty cover, Icom (Australia) does not support grey imported products. Often these products will be sent overseas to be repaired, taking weeks, or even months to return to the user. A genuine Icom (Australia) warranty is usually 2 or 5 years in length. Note: Icom (Australia) records all serial numbers and confirms the serial of every unit sent in for warranty repair.
- No ACMA approval – Unapproved radios cannot legally be used in Australia. The ACMA has the power to prosecute those who breach the laws associated with Australian radio communications. Prosecution can include harsh fines and imprisonment.
- Wrong specifications and programming – Icom equipment offered overseas usually differs from Australian versions, and may not be pre-programmed to Australian channels. This can severely affect the performance of the radio, and may also impact on the safety of the user.
- Missing/Inactive features – Missing features may drastically reduce the performance of the unit, and impact on the safety of the user. Other features may need activating by a skilled technician before use, costing the user valuable time and money.
- Unapproved Power Supplies – Power supplies without the correct approval cannot be used legally, and may be an electrical safety and fire risk. Many power supplies also have the wrong voltage and connections.
- Incorrect/Missing Accessories – Incorrect or third party accessories may be included, and in some instances, accessories may be missing altogether. Third party battery packs can also be a serious safety concern.
- No Warranty Product Support – Icom (Australia) cannot support grey import products with after sale product support, programming, modifications, spare parts, etc.
- Possible Forged Product – It has been confirmed that fake Icom products are available. Fake Icom products are generally not made in Japan, and as such, the quality is considerably lower.
- Wrong Electronic Serial Numbers (ESN) – Many new Icom products now include electronic serial numbers. Grey Import products will not have the correct ESNs, and cannot be supported in Australia.
- No Re-sale Value – Smart buyers will have no interest in grey imports.
- Customs Confiscation – Customs authorities can confiscate unapproved transmitting devices under certain circumstances.
- No Product Support – Icom Australia strongly recommends that you contact your original supplier for further assistance if the original serial number has been removed or changed.