The DL1 MK3 data logger is a highly configurable and powerful logging instrument.
Whether you want to do a few track days and analyse your data, or if you are professional racer looking to add logging and a configurable control system to your race car.
Powerful onboard processing - perform calculations live.
The results can be viewed live (on a dash display or video),
not just in post analysis.
and get a FREE 20Hz GPS upgrade(valued at $299) which providesOUTSTANDING and UNBEATABLEaccuracy for track mapping, lap timing and more ...but only with PMD Race Products.
Powerful onboard processing - perform calculations live. The results can be viewed live (on a display or video), not just in post analysis.
- Timeslip can be calculated live and displayed directly to the driver, showing exactly how much faster of slower you are continuously - not just at lap and sector markers.
- Sensor data is processed directly by the unit rather than having to be processed in the dashboard, VIDEO4 unit and Analysis software separately.
- User defined channels used to perform maths functions on the live data, e.g. combine 4 wheel speed sensors to show if the average speed of the front wheels is higher than the rear wheels, showing spin and braking lockup.
- This can be displayed live to the driver, overlaid onto a video, or logged for analysis.
- Review your braking points and overall grip with the built in 2g 3-axis accelerometer, optional 6g 3-axis accelerometer for high down force applications.
- Switched outputs for advanced control of vehicle options such as pumps and fans. The control can be simple or based on a complicated equation, e.g. turning on a cooling fan when temperature is high and speed is low.
- Up to 12 analogue and 4 frequency inputs to connect sensors such as: wheel speeds, steering angle, damper pots, brake pressure, engine sensors, etc.
- Extensive automatic logging control, making sure exactly the required data is logged.
- Get the most out of your engine by logging information from your ECU*. Measure your drift angle with the gyro option.
- Unrivalled accuracy with our 20Hz GPS option FREE from PMD Race Products (5hz standard).
- USB port for reconfiguring and reflash
*ECU adapters available separately, and we can provide a list of compatible ECU's. OBD also available
The DL1 is also available with the following optional enhancements:
The powerful and feature-packed Data Analysis software provided with every data logger and performance meter continues to lead the industry when it comes to data processing. Alongside this we also offer easy to use configuration and on-line monitor software for each product
What does the DL1 MK3 do?
The DL1 can store data from a number of sources including its built in high accuracy GPS and accelerometers, wheel speeds, shaft speeds, engine speeds, temperatures, pressures, lap times, sector times etc. The DL1 comes packaged with the excellent Race Technology data analysis package for Windows. The software allows super accurate track mapping, user defined channels, powerful graphing and allows direct comparison of up to 10 data sets (races) simultaneously with almost unlimited laps.
The DL1 MK3 can optionally feature 4 output channels (Low side output drivers and 4 extra analogue inputs enhancement), which can be used to control external systems based on the data received. The output channels are designed to supply a logic level signal which can be used to activate a relay, to turn on/off a system. This control can be based on simple or complex equations, for example turn on a fan if temperature is high and speed is low. Greater control than simply on/off is offered with the PWN output option.
Why use GPS?
One of the key features of the DL1 is its built in high accuracy GPS system - this gives the DL1 advantages over other data loggers in 2 key areas - greatly improved track maps and far more accurate speed measurement.
Track Mapping. Conventional data loggers require a "closed circuit" to enable them to calculate the track map; the shape of the track is estimated from a combination of the lateral acceleration and speed. This works adequately in some situations but it becomes increasingly inaccurate for long tracks and impossible for open circuits, motorbikes or boats. In contrast, the GPS will produce high accuracy track maps in almost any situation.
Speed Measurement. While speed is probably the most important parameter that anyone wants to measure using the data logging system, it is also the most inaccurate in a "conventional" system. The normal way to measure speed is to simply attach a pickup to a wheel to detect how fast it is rotating - but the rolling circumference of a tyre changes by 4% just with wear and temperature. Even worse, the error increases significantly under race conditions where the tyre is under load - typically the tyre slips by up to 20% under hard braking going into a corner. Measuring speed using GPS is now common practice in high-end systems - under typical conditions speed error is well under 1%!Features of the DL1MK3 data logger
The DL1MK3 is an all-new, 3rd generation, data logger system from Race Technology. Whilst the DL1 builds on the strengths of our highly successful DL90 system, it is a brand new design in almost every respect. Some of the most noteworthy features include:
The new GPS unit is based on our own high accuracy GPS3 technology and calculates position and speed 5 times every second or 20 times every second with the optional 20 Hz GPS, which is included FREE when you purchased your DL1 MK3 from PMD Race Products.
Built in 3-axis accelerometer with 2g full scale (optional 6g full scale).
Logging to SD card flash memory. Flash memory is robust, economical and offers fast download times and huge (up to 32GB cards compatible) capacity which is ideal for data logging products
12 analogue inputs. All the inputs are 12-bit accuracy (4096 different levels) and have a maximum input of 12v
2 RPM inputs, only one of which can be used at any one time. One for "high level" sources, such as the HT leads or the ignition coil. The other for low level signals from for example ECUs.
4 independent wheel or shaft speed inputs. These can be used to measure the speed of all four wheels, or slip ratios across a torque converter for example.
Serial data (RS232) input. The serial port can be configured to accept data from an external source - for example data from the ECU, OBDii or CAN data (with a suitable adapter)
Serial data (RS232) output. As well as logging the data to SD memory card it can also be streamed to other components in your vehicle’s data system.
Small and tough, at just 124mm x 73mm x 35mm (4.9" x 2.9" x 1.4") it can be fitted into the smallest single seater, motorbike or go kart.
Simple operation. A single button to start or stop logging, it's as simple as that! a remote button and status indicator can be added if required.
Power supply requirements. The power supply to the DL1 data logger can be taken directly from the vehicles 12v supply, or it can be powered from its own battery if required.
The power supply is smoothed and regulated within the DL1 ensuring its performance is highly robust and stable.
Flash upgradeable firmware - as we add new features to the DL1MK3 you can upgrade yours to the latest specification for free.
LATEST-SYSTEM AT SUPER-VALUE
(Free 20hz GPS upgrade included $299 value !)
AT ONLY $1299 inc GST